Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Photographer's Pride

Tonight we had Student Led conferences and I have never felt so proud. My photography students filtered into the room bubbling with excitement to show their parents their blogs and their photos. My favorite qoute of the night was when one of my students said to his father--"Life is art. I love this class because it feels like family and I get to be surrounded by amazing artists. I mean, look around the room at all of this beautiful art. There is so much talent in here." Thanks Eric for making a really long day worth every minute of it! It's a pretty great feeling when you get to hear your students talk about something you are passionate about. Hearing your students discuss to their parents the lighting in a picture or how a photo was composed is a pretty great feeling. I'm looking forward to expanding this program next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment