Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mosaic


The colors that had been popping up all over the city inspired me to have my students create beautiful Mosaics of their own. We started with lessons on the color wheel and on analyzing complimentary colors. After I felt like they had a good sense of what colors looked nice together we took on what was to become a massive project. My student's designed their images and then created intensive color plans before they began snapping photos. Once we set out on campus to snap our images students knew how many items of each color they had to photograph. I think they had a great time scavenging the campus with their cameras to find that perfect item for their collage. It was really fun to see how they all turned out. They were all so uniquely different--but as you can see from the images a labor of love.















By Maria Sardella















By Wendy Nunez

No comments:

Post a Comment